As fun and magical as the holidays can be, the stress of shopping and hosting can cloud over the joy - if we allow it. So that you might enjoy the season to its fullest, I am encouraging you to go out of your way to add in some holiday self-care, specifically...
1. Stay connected. Choose real food the majority of the time, so that sugary holiday "treats" don't rule your holiday mood.
2. Help your body naturally detoxify. Start your day with a glass of warm water and lemon.
3. When you open your eyes in the morning, set the intention that "everything gets done today, with time to spare." Keep your thoughts on what is going well, not on what is going wrong.
4. Diffuse uplifting essential oils (such as grapefruit or Citrus Bliss or Holiday Joy) in your home or office, or rub on the soles of your feet in the morning.
5. Remember the reason for the season. When you go to bed at night, let your last thought be 5 specific things for which you are grateful from that day. Gratitude will simmer overnight and spill over into the next day.
Add in one of these a day this December and breathe into the joy that the season is meant to bring.
Happy holidays and many blessings to you all!